The Copernicus Hackathon Programme is part of the European Union Copernicus Start-up Programme, originated to stimulate the generation of new business ideas based on Copernicus data and services.
The Copernicus Hackathon Programme is implemented by Anwendungszentrum GmbH Oberpfaffenhofen (hereinafter “Coordinator”) on behalf of the European Commission (hereinafter “EC”).
The Copernicus Hackathon Poland is organised by Kapitech (hereinafter “Organiser”).
The Copernicus Hackathon Programme pursues the following objectives:
- Increase the number of users of Copernicus data and services
- Stimulate the generation of new business ideas based on Copernicus data and services
- Raising awareness of the opportunities offered by Copernicus data and services
- Train potential users on how to access and use Copernicus data and services
- Support the development of a thriving Copernicus downstream eco-system, by favouring cooperation between multiple stakeholders and maximise the socio-economic benefits of Copernicus
The Copernicus Hackathon Poland furthermore aims at development of the Key Intelligent Specializations (http://www.smart.gov.pl/en) in Regions on the East (Lublin, Lubelskie region), South (Krakow, Malopolskie region), Center (Warsaw, Mazovia Region), and support the teams in answering the local challenges with the means of the Earth observations data.